Today, I wanted to teach everyone how to leave a quality comment.
![]() |
| Photo by Mrs. Yollis. |
The first step in leaving a quality comment is to make a connection. For example, the post said that I had a little guinea pig, and you might say I have a guinea pig, too named Tiny. Here is the comment by Grayson, my classmate, who made a connection with me:
(Click on comment to enlarge.)
Also, it is very good to leave a question in your comment to have the person you are talking to be interested, so they want to comment back to you. Grayson left a question in his comment.
Then when a blogger comments to you you should comment back to them. So, that is just what I did!
Finally, you do not want to publish until you are sure that every word is spelled correctly, and you want to make sure that you have used proper grammar. I can tell that Grayson checked his comment before he published because every sentence had proper grammar. Most importantly, all of his words were spelled correctly.
I think that Grayson is a great commenter, and his comment deserves a...
three pointer!
Have you ever had a conversation with a friend, a family member, or someone you do not even know?
What is your favorite step in quality commenting?



Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic post about leaving quality comments! The comment section is where the blog comes to life, so it is important that bloggers know how to comment. You did a super job!
Learning how to type a comment in Word and then copy and paste it into the comment section has really improved everyone's writing. In fact, several people have readability statistics that are two or three levels above where they are!
Do you ever use the readability statistics?
I was so happy to see you featuring Grayson in your post. He has become a much stronger writer because he regularly comments! Practice makes perfect!
:-)
Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of your latest post on how to post quality comments. It was very well thought out and easy to understand the steps we need to use when commenting. It came in handy this weekend when friends and family were trying to figure out how to comment on some of your posts!
It has been such a pleasure seeing how much better and more creative everyone's posts have developed throughout the year!
Warmly,
Shari (Grace's mom)
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteYour post will be an assignment for all of my students next semester. I want them to learn how to write blogs and comment on blogs. Your post provides the type of instruction that I want my students to have. In addition, I have my students do a project in which they are to teach someone something. Your blog post will also serve as an excellent example for that project.
When you wrote your post did you think that it might become an assignment for college students and an example for them as well? You should be exceptionally proud of your work. I will leave a post on your blog and I will contact Mrs. Yollis when I have added your post as an assignment for next semester. You will have a link to the assignment.
You asked two questions.
1. Yes, I have had many conversations with people that I have never met. Many of them have been quality conversations. I am fortunate to be engaging in such a conversation at this very moment. Thank you!
2. You suggestion of asking a question in a comment is an excellent one. I often do that.
Many thanks for your help in teaching my college course. If you lived in Alabama I would invite you to be a guest teacher for a day! I thank you also for leaving a comment on my EDM310 Class Blog.
Dr. John Strange
University of South Alabama
Grace,
ReplyDeleteWhat an informative post! I am part of Dr. Strange's EDM310 class in Mobile, AL. My favorite part of blogging is getting comments on my blog. I recently received comments from two ladies who were not in my class and it really made my day. I followed your advice here for leaving quality comments and I was able to have a nice conversation with them. I really like the picture you used and I was just wondering if you or Mrs. Yollis wrote that? Diagrams are a great way to learn. I use them often when I am learning something new. Good luck on your class blog and congratulations on earning having one.
Warmly, ♥
Lisianna Emmett
emmettlisiannaedm310.blogspot.com
@llemmett03
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Shaska and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310. I would like to start of by thanking you for commenting our class blog page. I thought that you, Hannah, and Adia made some great points. I do plan on incorporating a class blog into my own classroom one day. I was intrigued about the section where you wrote about how you earn student blogs. Is there anyway that you can elaborate more on that please?
I thought your post on how to write a quality comment was great. The things that you wrote about were things that I have been learning throughout this semester. If you would like you can visit my blog site. I wish you luck with all of your future blogging.
Thank you,
Shaska
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class and this week I have been assigned to your blog. This is a good blog post about quality comments. I like the use of examples in your blog to help show what your trying to explain. These examples will help many students on their commenting skills in the future.
I enjoyed learning how to leave quality comments. Please continue to keep up the good work! Congratulation on earning your own blog.
-Annie
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI believe that it is an excellent thing that you are using your blog post to show people how to leave well written comments on your blog and the blogs of other people. I hope you continue to set an excellent example for other people in the world. Thank you for your blog post.
Sincerely,
Chase
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am a student at, The University of South Alabama. I have enjoyed visiting your class blog. The instructions you gave on posting quality comments was fabulous! They were well written and easy to understand and follow, good job!
I have had a few conversations with different people on my blog and I think it is cool to see people taking an interest in what I have to write about.
My favorite step in the quality commenting is, receiving comments and questions from my readers.
How long have you had your blog? Do you ever get to post about something you find interesting instead of a particular assignment?
Your blogging friend,
Kelly Evans
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteHello. My name is Michelle. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am studying Secondary Education and English. Thank you for such an informative post on quality comments. What you said is correct. It is very important to leave good comments on another person's blog. It is also good to have proper grammar.
From,
Michelle
Hello Grace,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Tiffany Fey and I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. This semester I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and one of my assignments is to comment on your blog!
I think it is great that you and your classmates are able to create blogs. Blogging is a great way to meet new people and learn about interesting things. Your instructions on how to give quality comments is very well written and informing. I know people who are my age, in college, and still can't write properly like you and your class can!
To answer your questions, I do have my own blog that I created at the start of this year with directions from Dr. Strange. I enjoy it very much and have had many conversations with friends and people that I do not know. I love decorating my blog with pretty backgrounds and fun pictures. If you would like to see my blog you can click Here!
I hope you and your class continue blogging! What will your next post be about? I cannot wait to see it. Good luck and keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
Tiffany Fey
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am Mandy Davis, a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM310. First off, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. You do a fantastic job following the quality comments steps. To answer your question, my favorite step is leaving a question for others to answer. It allows me to get to know the person I'm commenting on a little better. I have gotten to have many conversations with new people since starting my blog. What's your favorite part of blogging?
Sincerely,
Mandy
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI am a student at the University of South Alabama in a class called EDM-310. In this class I have learned how to create a blog. I am very new to blogging so your post on commenting was very helpful. I think having a blog is a great way to connect to so many people. Is this the first class you have used a blog?
Sincerely,
Molly Dekin
dekinmollyedm310.blogspot.com
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteThis was an amazing post about quality commenting! I'm a student at University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I know I will be using your tips on quality commenting when commenting on other class blogs!
My favorite tip was making a connection. I think this is so important. I like to hear from people who have things in common with me! It is also cool to find out things about them you may have never known.
Thank you!
Christina
Dear Grace and Bunny,
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged! I have tagged you girls from my blog. Now, if you would like you can write a post about what makes you glow with pride.
For more information, please visit: http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/05/01/lets-play-tag-challenge-8-march-2011/
Your Friends,
Jaden and Mr. CA