For Christmas my brother got a fun new game called Pit! Pit is a very interesting game in which the players are trading cards in commodities, or contracts on such things as wheat, corn, barley, coffee, sugar and oranges. Each commodity is worth points. The concept of the game is to get all nine cards that are the same commodity. The first person to earn 500 points total by trading their cards/commodities wins! Pit is a very loud game, too. Every one plays at the same time. You have to trade one, two, or three cards at a time. Also, you have to yell the number of cards you are trading and find someone who has the same number of cards that you have and trade them. It is a very fast paced game so you better move fast!
You may wonder what the bell is used for...The bell is hit to start the game. Once a player has retrieved all nine cards of the same commodity, he or she must hit the bell and say, "corner corn" or "corner wheat" depending on which commodity he or she has collected. At that point, the player must then show all of his/her cards to the rest of the group to prove he/she has won. Then the score keeper will give that player the number of points that is written on top of the commodity card. For example, corn is worth 75 points and wheat is worth 100 points! In our family, we hand out a prize or a special treat to the winner at the end of the game. Last night, my grandfather "Papa" won a Sees butterscotch lollipop!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you ever played Pit?
Would you like to play this game?
What is your favorite game to play with your family?
What treat would you like to receive if you play the game at our house?
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI had so much fun playing Pit with you last night. Once I got the hang of it, I didn't want to stop! The pace is so fast and I felt like I was getting a work out trying to get other players to trade with me (especially your daddy!). My favorite commodity to trade is Wheat because it is worth the most points. If we play again, I would like to win a Svenshard Bear Claw as my prize :)
Love,
Mommy
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteDear Mommy,
I also had a lot of fun playing Pit! Daddy was not good to trade with because he would hand me 2 different commodities each time, which isn't fair. The game gives a lot of people energy. You won a lot. You scored 255 points! You definitely won that round!
My favorite game to play with family is ether Pit or Clue. I would also like a Svenshard's Bear Claw as my prize :)
What is your favorite game to play with the family?
Love,
Grace ( Your daughter ) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI love your post about Pit. When you said the name of your post, I thought it was a new pet or something. I had never heard about the game. Now I want to buy Pit and start playing it.
My favorite game to play with my family is the Wii. We play Madden NFL 11. I would like to earn a Crunch bar if I played Pit with your family. Why do you think Wheat is worth the most points?
Sincerely,
Jaden
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI have never played Pit. I play Charades with my mom, dad, and Joe. Joe is my brother. It is fun!
From,
Alie
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeletePit seems like a great game! I have not played Pit before, but I would like to play it. My favorite game to play with my family is Apples to Apples because it is kind of about learning and you learn new words.
If I won a game I would like to receive a Kit Kat bar.
Have you played Apples to Apples?
Do you like Kit Kat bars?
Your friend,
Kristen
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI think Pit looks like a really fun game because I would like to win so I could get a prize or a treat. A treat that I would like to win is a Hershy's bar. I have never played Pit, but I really want to.
By myself, I like to play a game cald Bop It. How you play is there are 3 buttons. When it says Bop it, you have to press the button that says Bop It.
If it says twist it, you have to press the button that says twist it. If it says pull it, you pull it.
With my family I like to play spoons. How you play is you get four spoons and lay them out in a circle. Then, you have 4 cards and the dealer passes out cards and if you want a card you take it, if not you pass it to the next person. Finally, if you have 4 of the same cards you take a spoon. You do not have to have 4 of the same cards to take a spoon, but if another person takes a spoon you can take one too.
I have some question for you:
Have you ever played Bop It?
If not would you like to play Bop It?
Have you ever played spoons?
Would you like to play spoons?
Warmly,
Alexa
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI haven't played Pit but maybe I will buy the game. One thing I like about this game is when you win a treat. My favorite treat is a Chocolate Bar. My favorite game is Monopoly because you win fake money and you get to pick any person you want.
From,
Nicole
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteWow! What an exciting game! It sounds like you rush around a lot. That seems like an extremely
wild game. I have never played this outstanding game. If I won this game, I would love to win a delicious Hershey's bar.
My favorite game to play with my family is the new-version of Life. I love to play Life because whenever we play it, I always end up stuffing my kids in the game piece because I have too many kids. I hope you have a nice time playing Pit.
From,
Ryan
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
ReplyDeleteDear Grace,
Your post is brilliant!
No, we have never played Pit before but someday we would like to play this game.
Our favorite game to play with our family is Monopoly.
If we won a game of Pit at your house, we would like to have a giant vanilla and chocolate frosted cupcake and cookie.
Your friends,
Miriam and Adia
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI have never played Pit, but I would love to.
I would like to win a lollipop! I like to play Candyland with my family.
I have a question.
* Have you ever won?
Warmly,
Ileanna
@ Jaden
ReplyDeleteI have never played Madden NFL 11. My brother has that game and I watch him sometimes! I also love Crunch bars! I love the tiny nuts in the middle of them. Wheat is worth the most because when people sold wheat everyone would want it. I do not know why they would want it though.
@ Alie
I haven't played Charades in a long time. I forgot how much fun that game is! Thanks for reminding me :) I have a question for you. How old is your brother, Joe?
@ Kristen
I love Apples to Apples! It is one of my favorite games! I also enjoy Kit Kats. I always have them when I go to the movies.
Thank you all for commenting on my blog!
Warmly,
Grace
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeletePit sounds like a fun game to play. It also sounds really noisy, just like you said.
I would like to play Pit, especially because of the treats and the prizes. If I were playing it at your house, I would want a Hershey's chocolate bar as my prize.
My family's favorite game to play is Wii Wheel of Fortune. It is so much fun to try to solve the word puzzles.
Have you ever played Wii Wheel of Fortune?
Your friend,
Hannah
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeletePit sounds like a very fun game! I bet it gets pretty loud with everyone talking at the same time. You probably have to think quickly to make the right trade. That would be very energizing!
It sounds like the game is based on the stock exchange, where hundreds of people are shouting out numbers and amounts to trade all at the same time. I would like to play Pit, but I wouldn't want to work at the stock exchange. That would be too much activity for me to handle.
My family likes to play Cranium and Parcheesi. My friends and I like to play a dice game called either "10,000" or "hot dice" where you play with five dice and try to get certain combinations without losing your points. The first person to 10,000 points wins. It is a little difficult to explain, but it is very fun!
Thanks for a great post with excellent questions.
From,
Mr. Salsich
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteI have never played Pit, but I would like sometime. My family's favorite game is the Wii because we have a lot of games that my family often plays. Grace, I would like a Chocolate truffle. I have questions for you: Have you ever played the winter classic on Wii or have you played Wii Fit? I bet you would like both games.
From,
Misha
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteCould you please teach Brayden how to play? Then she can teach me, I love playing games. We play Sorry and I usually lose. Have you played that game?
Love,
Laura